CORPORATE QUALITY POLICY
CHIYODA PHILIPPINES CORPORATION is commited to achieve the following activities through Project Management of design, engineering and services based on the total quality management concept as embodied in the ISO 9001 Quality Management System by firm determination and positive participation of all personnel from top management down to the rank and file.
1. Contributing to sustainable development of society by providing customers with product and services that satisfy applicable statutory regulations and customers contractual requirements.
2. Strengthening individual abilities and functions of organizational units.
3. Fulfilling individual responsibilities as assigned by the quality management systems.
4. Setting the measurable objectives and continually improving the quality management systems. Our responsibility is to achieve Customer Satisfaction. All personnel regardless of their work location shall comply with the directives set forth in this policy.
CORPORATE INFORMATION SECURITY POLICY
Chiyoda Philippines Corporation (CPh) aligns itself with the head office, Chiyoda Corporation to maintain and manage all information assets. CPh recognizes that information assets provided by customers and business partners must be treated in a secure manner as a top priority by all personnel engaged in their respective duties which will promote information security management activities.
1. Observe information security laws, regulations and contract conditions with customers and business partners;
2. Implement an information security management system and corporate regulations to maintain and manage all information assets;
3. Take effective control measures to mitigate the risks associated with any information security incident such as theft, leakage, loss, falsification or misuse;
4. Prevent re-occurrence of an information security incident by review of management systems and corporate regulations as appropriate;
5. Continually increase awareness of the importance of information security to all CPh personnel through the implementation of appropriate instructions and edifications. This policy is applicable to all CPh personnel who shall endeavor to prevent an information security incident as well as maintain and raise the Chiyoda brand status. Every person in CPh is required to follow this policy.
HEALTH, SAFETY and ENVIROMENT POLICY
We, at Chiyoda Philippines Corporation, recognize that health, safety and environment (HSE) are vital for our corporate growth and the society’s sustainable development.
As a company providing technical services to contribute to the EPC business of Chiyoda Group and to our own clients, we are committed to uphold the following principles in our projects and all aspects of our business:
• Comply with applicable legal and other requirements to which the organization subscribes to while satisfying our business strategies.
• Identify risks and opportunities associated with our operations and address them through risk-based thinking and process approach, in order to mitigate ill health, injury and pollution to a level as low as reasonably practicable.
• Create a work environment that encourage process efficiency, healthy lifestyle and social responsibility using suitable controls, updated technology and best practices.
• Demonstrate leadership to promote accountability and process ownership by enhancing our members’ awareness, developing competence and ensuring timely access to accurate information.
• Endeavor to influence our external providers, clients and other stakeholders for them to consider the occupational safety and health aspects, including life cycle impacts of their activities.
• Continually improve the effectiveness of our HSE management system through periodic review and analysis of our performance.
EVERY ACCIDENT IS PREVENTABLE .
All personnel regardless of their work location shall comply with the directives set forth in this policy.
CHIYODA PHILIPPINES CODE OF CONDUCT
We, Chiyoda Group, recognize that all business activities are based on earning the trust and understanding of society and clients. To ensure that our business activities conform to social standards, we fully comply with all applicable domestic and international laws and regulations as well as our own rules, and conduct business activities in accordance with the following principles.
1. To earn the trust of clients by constantly improving quality in order to supply useful facilities and services.
2. To do business with transparency, free competition and fairness in order to earn the trust and understanding of society and clients concerning our corporate activities.
3. To maintain strong lines of communication not only with shareholders and other stakeholders but also with society at large, and to disclose corporate information willingly and fairly.
4. To recognize that helping to solve environmental issues is an essential part of our business activities as an engineering company, and to contribute to society while cooperating with governments and their agencies.
5. To reject all contact with anti-social organizations and never offer these organizations any benefits.
6. To handle personal information and client information with utmost care and attention and use intellectual property in an appropriate manner without
infringing on the owner's intellectual property rights.
7. To draw a line between official company activities and private activities, and never take any action that would be detrimental to the company.
8. To respect the human rights of all people. Also, to respect the diversity, individuality and character of employees and endeavor to ensure employees'
health and safety by providing a suitable worhng environment.
9. Senior management shall recognize that implementing the spirit of this code istheir responsibility, and shall make related parties aware of this code by settingan example through their leadership. Senior management shall also heed thevoice of stakeholders, both internally and externally, and take initiatives to solve the issues violating the Code of Conduct and strive to establish an effectiveframework for implementing these principles.
In view of the importance of protecting the privacy of individuals and personally identifiable information ("personal information"), the Chiyoda Group takes appropriate measures when handling this information in compliance with the Chiyoda Information Security Management System and all applicable laws and guidelines.
All Chiyoda Group personnel, in cooperation with vendors, subcontractors and other business partners, are dedicated to preserving privacy and protecting personal information in accordance with the following guidelines.
1. The acquisition and use of personal information shall be conducted fairly and in compliance with applicable laws, and personal information shall be used only for a definitive and legitimate need.
2. Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for other than the originally intended purpose, and shall not be used or disclosed for a reason outside the intent and need of the original purpose.
3. Personal information shall be correctly and accurately maintained.
4. Personal information shall not be retained beyond the period required for the original purpose.
5. Personal information shall not be provided or disclosed to a third party without consent from the person concerned, except in cases where the Chiyoda Group is required to supply such information by order of a court, legal authority or other official body. In cases where personal information is made available to a third party, except a court, legal authority or other official body, it is mandatory to conclude binding confidentiality contracts with third parties concerning personal information.
6. The Chiyoda Group shall quickly and sincerely respond to inquiries and requests for modifications, amendments or deletions from an individual regarding his/her personal information.
7. Appropriate security measures shall be taken to protect personal information from unauthorized access, revisions, disclosure and/or losses due to an accident.
All personnel at the Chiyoda Group, regardless of where thy work, shall adhere to the directives set forth in this policy.
Chiyoda Philippines Corporation, its directors, officers and employees progressively work towards attaining a culture of compliance by taking a responsibility and commitment to freely embrace the spirit of the Chiyoda Group Code of Conduct through adherence and observance, among others, of the following: laws, regulations, and standards on Antitrust (Competition law), Data Privacy, Whistleblowing Avenues, Health, Safety & Environment, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Labor Standards, and Taxation; relevant employee trainings; innovation of best practices, and implementing policies and internal controls.
Please click to open CPh Code of Conduct and Discipline [Temporary Not Available]
Please click to open CPh Avenues for Whistleblowing [Temporary Not Available]
Please click to open CPh Compliance Manual [Temporary Not Available]